Easy Mongolian Beef has crazy tender beef with a crispy seared edge that gets coated in the most amazing sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- green onions sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium low. Add ginger and garlic and stir just until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add soy sauce, water and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Let boil 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Slice the flank steak into 1/4" slices and toss with cornstarch. Gently shake off any excess.
- Place 1 tablespoon at a time of oil in a pan or wok and heat over medium high heat. Cook the beef in small batches for about 2 minutes. (It doesn't need to cook all of the way through,it will cook completely when combined with the sauce).
- Once all the beef has been cooked, combine with the sauce and heat over medium until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in green onions.
- Serve over rice.